Before you get started

Completing your online claim application is even quicker when you have these details handy.

  • Your member and policy numbers
  • Proof of ownership
  • Information about the incident, such as the date and where the damage occurred
  • Details about the loss or damage you are claiming for
  • Information about any other people, boats, vehicles or property involved
  • Quotes for loss or damage, photographs of the damage, and any other relevant documents
Service Provider Locator

Need a repairer?

We work with over 700 recommended service centres, riggers and surveyors Australia-wide. Find one close to you.

Find a provider

Need help with your claim?

For general claims enquiries, call us with your claim number Monday - Friday 8:30am - 8pm AEDT; Weekends: 8am - 5pm AEDT.

1300 00 CLUB (2582)
Option 2 for claims

Frequently asked questions

When should I advise Club Marine that I need to make a claim?

Contact Club Marine online, or on 1300 00 CLUB (2582), as soon as possible to notify us of your incident.

What do I need to provide when lodging a claim?

To lodge a claim we need an online claim application or telephone call application, a written quotation for loss or damage, and clear photographs of the damage. These can be attached when lodging an online claim or provided following a telephone application

A copy of your boat licence/skippers ticket/personal water craft licence is also required if the vessel was in use at the time of the incident.

Further documentation or information may be required for your particular claim; your claims officer will advise you if this is the case.

Providing your policy number

We will ask you for your policy number, so keep your Club Marine Membership card with you. This card is invaluable in obtaining help at the fastest possible speed, with a minimum of fuss.

Incidents involving other parties

Should you be in an accident that involves someone else, don’t forget that the police should be informed if someone is hurt. If the incident occurred on the water, please also report the incident to your relevant maritime authority (below). Taking note of the following information will help speed up the servicing of your claim:

  • Date, time, location of the accident
  • Name of the other skipper and the name of the owner of the other boat
  • Name & type of the other boat
  • Name & address of any injured persons
  • Name of the other boat’s insurance company

Feel free to exchange this type of information but you should not admit fault. If you think a witness might provide helpful support, record their name and contact details for future reference.

State Maritime Authorities

NSW: Roads & Maritime Services
VIC: Transport Safety VIC
WA: Department of Transport - Marine
QLD: Maritime Safety Queensland
NT: Boating, Fishing and Marine - Marine Safety
TAS: Marine and Safety Tasmania
SA: Government of South Australia

Who do I obtain a repair quote from?

You are able to use your choice of repairer. For assistance use our Service Provider Locator to view our recommend repairers.

Where do I send my claim information to?

Unless we ask you to do something different, all claim information should be forwarded to our National Claims office.


Dispute Resolution Process

If any of our services fail to meet your expectations, we invite you to talk to Club Marine first. Find out more about the Club Marine Dispute Resolution process.