Where required by law, we will provide you privacy information (in the form of a Privacy Notice or other
privacy disclosure documentation) specific to the products or services you want to obtain from us or specific
your dealings with us.
*Club Marine means Club Marine Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Allianz Australia Insurance Limited
that is a part of the Allianz Australia group (Allianz) which specialises in pleasure craft insurance
What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information collected and maintained by Club Marine generally includes your name, date of birth,
gender, address, contact details and information specific to the product or service you decide to purchase
from us, such as details of any property being insured, or your dealings with the specific Club Marine business.
For some policies, we also collect and maintain your sensitive information. This includes information about your
health, genetics, membership of any trade unions or professional associations and any criminal convictions you
For employment applications, we collect your name, address, contact details, current and past employment
information, educational qualifications and professional associations. We also collect information about and
proof of your residency status, the name and contact details of your referees and other information required
for recruitment purposes. Where we seek your consent to conduct a background check, we also collect details of
your proof of identity from you.
In the recruitment process, we may ask you to answer optional questions about your personal attributes such as
age, gender, ethnic background and language spoken. This personal (including sensitive) information is
collected only for the purpose of understanding the diversity profile of applicants and employees and for internal
reporting purposes within Club Marine, Allianz Australia and the Allianz Group.
There are some circumstances where you can deal with us anonymously, including if you are only looking for general information about one of our products or services.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where it is possible, we collect your personal information directly from you in person, in writing, over the
telephone, by facsimile, through our online services and/or by electronic messages. In some circumstances, we
may also collect it from:
- your agents or representatives, for example your insurance broker, your legal advisers, your family member
who applies for a policy that covers you or is instructed by you to deal with us;
- a co-insured on your policy;
- third parties who you have asked to provide your personal information to us, including your referees,
your insurer and a financier with an interest in your insured property;
- our and our related entities’ agents, distributors and service providers (which may also include overseas service providers) and agents or subcontractors of any of those providers (Our Parties);
- other insurers and insurance reference bureaus;
- people who are involved in a claim or assist us in assessing, investigating, processing or settling
including another party involved in the claim or third parties claiming under your policy, witnesses, medical service providers or other professional experts, external claims
data collectors and verifiers, and your employer;
- third parties who may be arranging insurance cover for a group that you are a part of;
- statutory authorities or government departments, for example law enforcement, dispute resolution and Australian Financial Complaints Authority;
- marketing organisations, including through the use of purchased lists;
- industry databases;
- publicly available sources such as the Internet and telephone directories; and/or
- the general public when it is unsolicited and may be relevant to a particular policy or fraud
Unless we are required or permitted by law to collect sensitive information about you, we will only do so by
obtaining your consent.
If you nominate individuals to be covered by your insurance policy, you should direct them to this Privacy
Policy and make them aware of the content of any privacy notice we provide you.
We may collect information about your visit to our site to assist us to measure and improve our website.
Examples of information that we collect include: day and time of your visit, whether you have visited our
website previously, whether you used a search engine to find us and some geographical information about what
country and state you are in.
We use Google Analytics to collect visitor information so that we can better understand how to improve our
products and services for you. One of the primary methods used by this tool is the placement of cookies.
are small information files that an end user's web browser places on their computer when a website is visited.
For information on disabling these cookies, please go to the privacy settings section within your browser. In
addition to the session cookie, Google Analytics uses other data collection methods such as appending query
strings to an image request. We store the data generated by Google Analytics securely and do not share it with
We also use third party remarketing cookies e.g. through Google Adwords. These cookies allow us to display
tailored advertising to you on different websites across the internet based on your prior visits to our site.
do not collect any identifiable information about you through this remarketing process. You can opt out of
We also use other external companies for the following purposes:
- for web hosting services for this website; and/or
- to gather non-personal information (using cookies) in order to evaluate the website’s effectiveness, for
example online marketing activities.
We retain the content of any email that you send to us if we believe we have a legal requirement to do so.
Your email message content may be monitored by our employees for security issues, including where email abuse
is suspected; our response to you may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.
For what purposes do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purposes of providing our products and services
and managing our business. This may include:
- to deal with enquiries;
- to provide a product or service, including:
- providing you with a quote;
- considering your application;
- arranging, verifying and administering insurance;
- assessing risks and underwriting insurance;
- issuing, renewing or amending a policy;
- pricing a policy, offering excesses and discounts;
- assessing, investigating, processing and settling claims;
- communicating details about our products and services or marketing our services and products and those of our related companies, brokers, intermediaries and business partners that may interest you;
- conducting customer research and analytics in relation to our service and products, improving our service and products, auditing and quality assurance;
- handling complaints and disputes;
- training our employees, agents and representatives;
- facilitating our business processes;
- conducting competitions, loyalty programs or surveys;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- identifying and contacting individuals who do business with us; and/or
- assessing and processing employment applications and
- any other purpose communicated to you at the time we collected your personal information or as required or permitted by law.
Who do we disclose your personal information to and why?
We may disclose your personal information to others for the purposes specified in the section above. This may
include disclosure to:
- our related companies; including overseas subsidiaries of our ultimate holding company Allianz SE, which provide certain services to us;
- our distributors and agents;
- other insurers and reinsurers;
- credit reporting agencies and insurance reference bureaus;
- government, law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory, regulatory or enforcement bodies and
- external data collection and verification agencies;
- loss adjusters and assessors;
- repairers and suppliers;
- investigators and recovery agents;
- medical and health service providers;
- our advisers (including legal, actuary and accounting advisers) and service providers, including data analytics marketing
organisations and debt collecting agents;
- professional and other organisations;
- your employer;
- parties that we have an insurance scheme in place with under which you purchased your policy, such as a
financier or boat manufacturer or dealer;
- the agent and contractor of any of the third parties above; and/or
- your co-insured to confirm full disclosure has been made to us;
- other parties as required by law.
We may also disclose your personal information (but not sensitive information) to others we have business arrangements with to enable them to offer their products and services to you.
We will not disclose your sensitive information for any purpose, other than the purpose for which it was collected, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you otherwise consent.
Certain laws also authorise or require us to collect, use and disclose your personal information. These laws include: Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006, Autonomous Sanctions Act 2011, Corporations Act 2001, Australian Securities and Investments Commission Act 2001, Personal Property Securities Act 2009, Income Tax Assessment Act 1997, and A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999.
Disclosure to overseas recipients
In some instances, your personal information might be disclosed to other companies in the Allianz Group,
business partners, reinsurers and service providers (including providers of our virtual online assistant and
any online chat function) that may be located overseas. The countries in which these recipients may be located
will vary from time to time, but may include Canada, Germany, New Zealand, United Kingdom, United States of
America, India and other countries where the Allianz Group has a presence (a list of which is available on the
Allianz Group website www.allianz.com) or engages subcontractors.
Where personal information has been disclosed overseas, there is a possibility the recipient may be required to disclose it under a foreign law.
We regularly review the security of our systems used for sending personal information overseas. Any information disclosed may only be used for the purposes of collection detailed previously and for system administration.
Direct marketing and your privacy
From time to time, we may use your personal information to advise you about or offer you
other products or services that may be relevant and of interest to you. If you do not want
to receive these offers from us (including product or service offerings from us on behalf
of our brokers, intermediaries and/or our business partners), please call the telephone number in the
Contacting us about access and correction of your personal information section below.
In some instances, we may disclose your personal information (but not sensitive information) to others we have business arrangements with to enable them to offer their products and services to you.
We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
How do we hold your personal information?
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our secure computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings.
Where it has been collected from our or your agent, or our service providers, they may also hold copies of your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties and information collected for different products and services.
Links to external sites
We may include links to external sites that we consider contain content relevant to the information that you were seeking from us. Where these links occur, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the content, the privacy or security of those sites or your reliance on any information contained within any such site.
Contacting us about access to, and correction of, your personal information
Club Marine aims to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. If you would like to access, or revise, your personal information, or feel that the information we currently have on record is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the following contact details:
Phone 1300 360 529 EST 8am-6pm Monday to Friday
Making a complaint
If you believe that we have not met our privacy obligations in our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint by contacting us on the above contact details or in writing to: Corporate Compliance, Club Marine Limited, 40 The Esplanade, Brighton VIC 3186.
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint or with the way that Club Marine has handled your complaint, you may be able to refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992